Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting service applies to depositing and/or sharing given web content on a server handled by a website hosting provider. There are various forms of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a peek at them. In that way, you can conclude what you want, on the basis of whether you desire to run a weblog, mail addresses, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a solution made available by given firms, which allows you to share huge files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived files, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole designation is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to survey a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a specific spell of time to observe them. A single file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you possess a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Now, with the help of the cPanel hosting corporations, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally untrue interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would share the load between different sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to attending various web hosting services (mail, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a variety of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; given vendors provide a hosting service for images solely. This hosting type is good if you would like to share a great amount of images with pals or colleagues since the service is generally free of cost. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a solution committed to handling your mailbox accounts. Some distributors offer web space hosting services for websites, but do not provide an email hosting solution. If you desire to possess an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a web site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create electronic mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution allows you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video clip produces a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and several hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your webspace hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to have as many videos as you want without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you want to keep a web site. To a certain degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting forms since, along with your web pages, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and mails, upload videos, etc. At Digital Supreme Web Hosting Company, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned services in one location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web page hosting plan may be better or worse juxtaposed to the routine email/file/video/image hosting packages that are designed for specific web content only.